Gods of Earth and Sky.
A God made of ember and magma stirs from the depth of Earth's core. 'They call me Devil?
'They call you hell'.
'But I keep them alive. It's you who kills them.'
'Yet I, the God of the sky, is who they worship.'
'How have you won this battle?'
'They have closed their minds. They believe in men, authority of fathers and kings, war, status. They do not belive in love, motherliness, tenderness, humility. They scoff at the feminine, call it weak. Power is their desire. They justify greed and dominance, and see coldness and curelty as God-like. Empathy is for women. Earth is only mother, which means love. But Sky is Father, which means power. They do not love, or care for nature or for animals. They care only for rising themsleves up as close to the sky as they can reach. They prefer a distant god, not one beneath their feet.'
'They prefer your qualities, over love, harmony, community, nature?'
'They choose the God most like their image. They believe themselves to be Gods of the heavens. Worshipping Earth humiliates them.'
'The fools have killed themselves by killing me.'
'It kills me too.'
'We all die, fool. You should have made them love me. I am the mother of all things.'
'I'm sorry, mother. I've been misguided.'
'I forgive you. We are all doomed and there is no time for hate. Let's all feel love until the end.'
Comments
Post a Comment